Tank Bar Re-Opening
From Saturday 4th July we will be re-opening the Tank Bar for on-site drinking and eating! However, this is not going to feel like the Tank Bar that you know. In order to ensure the safety of our staff and our customers, we’ve made a number of changes to how we will be operating.
Before we go into more detail, please understand that these measures are to make things as safe as possible for everyone, but will potentially result in queues for entry, service, use of toilets etc. that you may not be used to. Thank you for your patience!
The short version:
- No reservations or bookings for tables, these will be allocated on arrival.
- One-way system with designated entrance and exit.
- Sanitiser dispensers on entry and exit.
- Groups can be seated inside (max 2 households per table if social distancing can be maintained between households) after giving contact info, or outside (groups of up to 6 people from different households OR groups of up to 2 households, if social distancing can be maintained between households).
- Once capacity is reached inside, we will operate a one-in, one-out system with a waiting list for tables.
- Bar will have three separate till areas, with a socially-distanced queue with floor markings.
- Tank Bar Menu available via QR code scan at table/click here/single-use paper menus.
- Maize Blaze will operate a reduced menu at weekends (here) and a full weekday menu (here).
- Takeaway beer and food options remain available.
- Additional Can Bar will also operate outside for takeaway.
- All food will be served with single-use cutlery and containers, and bins will be brought to tables for their disposal.
- Tables are spaced for safe distance from other customers and staff, and will be cleaned and sanitised between uses.
- Toilets now have a socially-distanced queuing system, and the men’s toilets are now unisex to reduce queuing times.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned hourly, and sanitiser dispensers are available for use throughout the venue.
Opening Hours from Saturday 4th July:
Saturday 12pm – 1:30am
Sunday 12pm – 10:30pm
Monday 12pm – 10:30pm
Tuesday 12pm – 11pm
Wednesday 12pm – 11pm
Thursday 12pm – 11pm
Friday 12pm – 1:30am
Firstly, we will continue a no reservations policy for tables inside or outside.
The Tank Bar will operate a one-way system where possible, and have a designated entrance and exit to reduce contact.
At the entrance, a host will find out if you are visiting to be seated, or to buy beer or food to take away. Takeaway beer and food options will still be available.
For customers being seated, we can only accommodate groups of up to two households per table inside if social distancing can be maintained between households, and groups of up to 6 people from different households OR groups of up to 2 households per table outside, if social distancing can be maintained between households.
Contact details will be taken for customers to be seated inside on entry, and the host will provide information about service, safety and social distancing.
Once we have reached our capacity for customers seated inside, we will operate a one-in, one-out system, with a waiting list for those who want to leave contact numbers to be reached on when a table becomes free.
The layout of the bar and seating (inside and outside) should ensure customers are distanced from staff and other customers by at least 1 metre wherever possible. Staff will be distanced from each other at their own separate tills and work areas.
A socially-distanced queue with floor markings remains in place for bar service, customers will be called forward to one of three tills to place their order. All Tank Bar payments will be contactless.
In addition to the bar inside, a separate Can Bar will operate outside for quick purchases of cans to takeaway, to minimise queues and contact inside. The Can Bar will be contactless payment only.
All food orders will be served with single use eco cutlery and condiment pots. Bins will be brought to tables for disposal of cutlery and containers, and tables will be cleaned and sanitised between uses.
At busy times, all drinks will be served in single-use paper or recycled and recyclable plastic cups.
Signage will be posted on tables to advise of guidelines and restrictions on group size and social distancing.
The men’s toilets are now unisex and a marked queuing system for both sets of toilets is one-way to ensure social distancing and minimal contact. Sanitiser dispensers are in place outside the toilets for use at entry and exit.
As part of this new set-up, staff will be doing their utmost to ensure high standards of hygiene are observed at all times. High-touch areas (including doors, tables, counters etc) will be sanitised hourly, and between uses where possible.
Thank you for reading this far, and again we appreciate your patience and understanding!