Howling Hops is an independent brewery and bar in Hackney Wick. The company also has pubs in North & East London.
A rare opening has become available to join our small, busy team as we are looking for someone to manage our various accounts and keep the businesses growing.
Perks include a workplace pension and company shares (after 6 months), working in a relaxed bar environment with office dogs, free beer and 30% discount on food and drinks. Plus inclusion in a young and vibrant industry with regular festivals and events.
You will be responsible for the overall financial management of accounts for the brewery and associated pubs
We are looking for a self motivated, self managed accountant, AAT qualified, polite, laid back and friendly, someone with previous experience of the sole management of the finance function. You will have strong Excel skills – pivot tables, v lookups, if functions etc. Preferably with some experience in the hospitality / brewing industry.
- Payroll, holidays, commission
- Keeping an up to date purchase ledger
- Credit control
- Weekly bank transaction entry and reconciliation.
- Checking all cash up figures, entering sales & purchase information.
- Weekly wages vs revenue reporting.
- Beer Duty Return with HMRC
- VAT returns with HMRC
- Preparation of quarterly accounts (including reconciliation of Trial Balance accounts, prepayments and accruals, depreciation journals, profit and loss and balance sheet, stock reconciliation and cost of goods sold analysis)
- Liaising with external accountants for year end accounts preparation.
- Any other duties as required by management.
Salary negotiable, depending on experience. To apply please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as this position is available from mid March 2020.