Howling Hops started life in 2011 in the basement of Hackney’s first brewpub, the Cock Tavern. In 2015 we moved to our beautiful new brewery in Hackney Wick with the onsite tank bar serving beers to the public directly from serving tanks, the first of its kind in the UK. We’ve recently undergone a brand refresh to coincide with us swapping from bottles to cans. We’ve gone back to our roots to focus on a changing range of one off ‘single batch’ brews alongside a small core range of beers. We’re not hell bent on world domination, the focus here is producing great beer and getting it into the right places who know how to look after it. We’re looking for an experienced sales and account manager to join our team and help us move forward into the next phase of our journey.
Key responsibilities of the Howling Hops Sales and Account Manager
- Manage existing relationships.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities to increase sales.
- Communicate regularly with existing and potential customers in person, on the telephone, by email and social media etc.
- Generate opportunities and build relationships within the industry, building the presence of Howling Hops.
- Manage and represent Howling Hops at events, both in-house and externally.
- Accurate and timely reporting to management.
- Manage customer/sales/stock databases.
- Manage financial accounts including invoicing.
- Work with the distribution manager to ensure orders are completed.
- Liaise with the brewery team over any customer dispense issues.
- Being ‘hands on’ with any other tasks as required within our small team.
- Minimum of 2 years proven, previous experience in sales, ideally beer sales.
- Professional without being corporate or ‘salesy’!
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships.
- Positive approach and willingness to ‘get stuck in’.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literate and able to use Excel, Word, CRM, social media etc.
- Ability to manage financial accounts.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently, under own initiative as well as part of the team that constitutes our small business.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and enthusiasm about the beer scene.
- Ability to work flexibly and undertake some travel outside of London.
- Driving license preferable as some driving sometimes required.
- Legal right to work in the UK without restriction.
This is a full time role based in Hackney Wick and across London. Salary negotiable upon successful application and experience.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 20th February 2019 for interviews the following week.