Howling Hops brewery in Hackney Wick, East London is looking for a full-time senior brewer. The senior brewer is responsible for the smooth running of the brewery both in production and packaging. They will report directly to the head brewer and liaise between brewery and bar manager.
The role is mainly ensuring important day to day operations are done to the standard required. As the venue is also a bar this role involves ensuring the beers being served are in optimum condition and the staff are educated in the product.
You will act as an ambassador for Howling Hops and be confident working with minimal supervision and be able to quickly solve problems and think on your feet. The role will involve calmly managing brewery team members in high pressure environment of the site.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Responsible for the smooth running of brewing and packaging.
- Responsible for having all raw materials and cleaning/sanitising supplies to be readily available to facilitate work.
- Monitor fermentation, take gravities and adjust temperature to ensure fermentation profiles are adhered to.
- Perform yeast counts and cropping.
- Operate/supervise operation of the HopGun with up to 20kg pellets per run.
- Maintain accurate records and written procedures.
- Ensure processes are safe and functional.
- Ensure beer is in specification (flavour and quality) for packaging runs.
- Educate bar staff on style/ingredients/important information on tank beers.
- Manage and coordinate on-going training and support for brewery team members.
- Assist the Head Brewer in ad-hoc projects where required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A thorough understanding of brewing process, equipment and techniques.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Confident supervising a team and questioning the way things are done.
- Ability to quickly solve problems and think on your feet.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Positive and committed attitude.
- Ability to work a problem logically and thoroughly without effecting other unrelated processes.
Hours of work are typically 08.00-16.00 Monday to Friday, although flexibility and some additional hours may be required.
Salary subject to negotiation upon successful application and experience level.
To apply, send CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 9am on Friday 21st June 2019.