ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT APPRENTICE
We are looking for an accounts assistant apprentice who will support the company accountant to achieve and maintain an efficient and accurate finance function. This varied and interesting position provides an excellent opportunity to gain work experience within the accountancy function of a brewery and hospitality company.
Our ideal candidate will be a hard-working, pro-active individual who is keen to get broad exposure in a small, fast-paced environment.
In return, we will fully support you in the completion of your AAT qualification and provide on the job training, with wide exposure across the business’ accounts function which will enable you to develop your skills on the path to a career in accountancy.
The apprenticeship will be for a 15-month period that will allow time to complete all of the requirements of the AAT qualification.
- Processing Purchase Invoices
- Raising weekly sales invoices
- Payment preparations
- Bank reconciliations
- Management of the accounts email addresses
- Managing the sales ledger and cash up process
- Cash book reconciliations
• Monthly reconciliations of the purchase ledger
• Drafting management accounts
- Providing additional ad-hoc duties in line with the business needs (e.g. credit control, Balance sheet reconciliations, finding invoices for historical bank reconciliations, administration tasks, assisting in the move to new accounts system)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Helpful and shows initiative
- Self-motivated to learn and to assume a wide range of responsibilities
- Can do attitude
- Focused on delivery and committed to seeing projects through to their close
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy
- An eye for detail
- Organisational and problem solving skills
- Effective multi-tasking and management of deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Experience using accounting software would be beneficial but not critical
£12- 14k per annum
The apprenticeship is full-time, inclusive of one day per week for study at college.
Please send all applications with a cover letter (no letter, no application) to email@example.com
TANK BAR STAFF REQUIRED
Howling Hops Tank Bar requires friendly, outgoing and passionate beer lovers to join our team.
What we need from you:
We are looking for part time bar staff to work with us over the spring, summer and beyond! During the warmer months Hackney Wick is buzzing with people enjoying great beer and tasty food. We require our team, to be super friendly and welcoming, fast on their feet and probably a bit nerdy when it comes to beer. Experience isn’t necessary but a good attitude and a willingness to learn and get stuck in is a must.
What we give you in return:
A fun and bustling environment to work in, in the heart of Hackney Wick. Training on everything from how to deliver great customer service to learning all about the amazing beer you’ll be serving! You’ll be getting free beer and joining our fantastic tank bar team
15-25 hours per week
Friday – Sunday (+ mid week events). Please send all applications with a cover letter (no letter, no application) to firstname.lastname@example.org